.post-body img { width: 700px!important; height: auto!important; }

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

STAR Portraits on Bravo TV CA

Since some of the artists on the reality show Star Portraits are from my art school I have been watching the series and am quite fascinated by the talent in Canada. I like that the show invites different kinds of artists ranging for oil painters, water colorists to encaustic artists, etc. One of my favorite paintings was of Gordon Pinsent done by artist Jim Bourke in wax medium (encaustic) and I love how the background color is repeated in the face, the impressionistic quality of the work and the bright colors....simply superb.


If you are a lover of the arts you will enjoy the show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful treatment.v good portrait.
i like th style and ease of brush treatment which enhance the character and mood of the model.
good work ....